Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our little Sweetheart

I had to take Ellie in to the Dr the 28th for our first ever sick child visit. She has had a rash on her arm for over a week that I was watching and it never got worse or better or grew or bugged her or anything but I figured after about 10 days I should get it looked at. Of course the day of the apt I looked at it and it had started to get a bit better like it always does when you go to the Dr. Anyways, they are thinking she just came in contact with something that irritated her skin and since it had started to heal finally we just needed to continue to wait it out. They did weigh and measure her though and at 11.5 months she weighs in at 20 lbs 12 oz and is 29.5 inches long - with her neck scrunched up cause she was nervous.
So Ellie is normally WAY to busy to have time for little things like giving hugs and kisses, the closest we normally get to these things is a pat on the back when we get her out of bed. There have been a few days that we get kinda lucky though, about a month ago I was having a stressed out day and when I got Ellie up from her nap I think she could just tell because for the next ten minutes she just sat on my lap and gave me big hugs and would turn and give me kisses both the real kind and nose kisses (butterfly kisses, she prefers to give that kind). Isn't she such a sweetie, it really made my day and was exactly what I needed.
We normally just throw Elliette in the shower with us because it is just easier and faster so the other day Ellie and I were taking a shower and I had just washed the towels and forgot to put the washcloth back in the shower so I was just using my fingers to rub the soap around and clean out her ears. She was kind of fighting me because she wanted to be playing instead of getting clean so I was holding her while I did it so she couldn't get away as easy. While I was cleaning her ears she used her little hands and pushed my head to the side a bit and before I knew it there were little fingers in my ear scratching around; it made me laugh quite a bit but was a little weird cause those little fingers can go deeper into your ears than you think. She also likes to help you scratch. If you have an itch and she sees you scratching it she will hurry over and start scratching you and then look at you and smile for approval.

6 comments:

Ryan... said...

Ha Ha! She is so funny! I could read about her all day!!

J Fo said...

What a sweet girl. I'm totally laughing about the finger in the ear thing! Funny!

Robin said...

I'm taking Jace in today for a rash (among other things) as well, and of course, it looks a whole lot better today then it has in weeks.

Blaire said...

Ok, i'm looking forward to a major back scratch at Christmas :)

Kim said...

She's so adorable. I love that she imitates everything... watch what you say when she starts talking... We'll catch you on skype sometime!

Britany said...

That's my niece!!! Man, she is so awesome.