Saturday, February 6, 2010

fun stuff

So these last few days have been crazy trying to get things in their places at the new apartment. The place is a lot smaller than the last but a lot cleaner so I am happy. Anyways, on Thursday night Justin had stepped out to run some errands and we had eaten spaghetti that night so I had stripped Ellie down to her diaper. When she was done eating I was getting ready to feed Cami so I just hurried and cleaned Ellie up and let her run around without clothes. After a few minutes of talking to Camryn and feeding her I see a streak of nakedness in the corner of my eye so I look up to see a bare bottom Elliette running across the room. I laughed a little and hurried to put Camryn down so I could get Ellie before she peed on the floor. When I grabbed her and looked over at the old diaper I realized that she had been poopy but thankfully I got to her and cleaned her up before she sat on anything. When I put on the clean diaper she kept undoing the straps and asking "pease, pease" so today I got her a potty seat to get her used to the idea and see if she is interested since she doesn't want to wear her diapers anymore. It did make me laugh to watch her cute little naked bum run across the room having a good ol' time playing.
Friday morning I was exhausted because neither of the girls slept through the night so I didn't sleep well. Elliette decided that she was done with bed at 6:30 that morning so since I was kind of ornery because of being so tired we went out to the living room and I laid on the couch and let her play. I thought I was awake the whole time but apparently I fell asleep for who knows how long giving Ellie enough time to climb up on the table and get the crayons. I awoke to her smiling at me with brown all around her mouth which peaked my interest as to what she had gotten into. After looking around I found 4 crayons, the box came with 8 and I couldn't find the other 4 so I was pretty dang sure she ate them. I looked everywhere and after about 45 min found the other four so thankfully she hadn't eaten 4 whole crayons but she did gnaw on a few of them and only colored on one thing that was easy to wash off thank heavens. Definitely glad I was smart enough to get the washable ones and that crayons are nontoxic.
Today I was just chilling with Camryn playing around and holding her when she decided to let loose in her diaper. I waited a minute to make sure she was done before I changed her so I sat her on my lap. Next thing I know my legs feel very warm so I lifted her up and somehow she peed and pooped all out the back top of her diaper which then spread to my legs quickly and with enough that I not only had to change her but had to change my pants and underwear as well. That stinker has not learned that her bum works just fine and that she doesn't have to push so hard that it shoots out with enough force to shoot it out every direction. Hopefully she learns that soon.
Fun times, I LOVE being a mom!

5 comments:

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Fun times fun times for sure! Yes, we are no longer in Provo. Hopefully we will have a real home soon. Who know right now?

Mel said...

Gotta love mom adventures. THere's never a dull moment.

Kim said...

Awesome stories! Your girls will LOVE hearing them when they're older :)

Britany said...

hahaah. oh that's awful. I'm really sorry about the constantly being peed and pooped on. Hopefully you're starting to get more sleep cause of the special machine thing for Just. Man, I just love those girls. They are so funny.

Annette said...

The diaper thing always seems to happen to me at church. Be grateful for quiet moments at home.