Monday, January 25, 2010

So it isn't super late but I am tired and the only one left awake but I didn't want to go to sleep as annoyed as I am so I thought I would write it out and try to change how I feel right now.
My girls really are the best little things ever and literally the most consistently happy kids I know but even the best of them have their bad days. For the past few days Elliette has refused to go to sleep for naps or for bedtime which is completely unlike her; She usually welcomes nap time with a smile and grabs her blanket and drink and lets you know she is ready to go. She has been teething some more and had a bout of sickness that included throwing up a lot recently but all that had been good for about 4-5 days before her sleep refusal started so I don't know if it is still connected to all that or not. She hardly ever really breaks down into a full blown fit and every time I put her in bed she screams for at least 30-45 min and sometimes longer before she is to exhuasted to continue and then only sleeps for a little while and seems to be waking up 2-3 times/night. What is up?
I know I have been spoiled being able to sleep most nights at least 6-7 hours and I am definitely not complaining about that. But, even with those hours of sleep I don't get good sleep so I seem to be extra tired pretty often (not the girls fault, I just don't sleep well) but still can't get myself to be able to fall asleep which gets very frustrating the later it gets at night. So when you combine my own sleep issues to waking up an extra 3-4 times a night (yeah Camryn started waking up at least once also or at least just cries out in her sleep enough to wake me) eventually I am going to loose it. I think tonight was that moment because I had no patience at all with not picking up toys and ignoring me and crying and wanting to be held at all times. Don't worry I did not freak out on the girls to much other than force Elliette to help me pick up her toys but I was just ornery. Now that every one is finally sleeping I am starting to get into a better mood so I am hoping that will help me sleep well so I will get my patience and smile back tomorrow
I promise this only happens once in a blue moon cause there is normally a smile plastered to both of these cute little girls faces but like I said before...even the good ones have bad days. I am attaching a few pictures that make me smile so that I can finish getting my good mood back and can go to sleep without wanting to push Justin off the bed and punch him in the nose cause he is sleeping soundly and snoring in my ear (apparently I like to put all my tired orneriness on him when I can't sleep. note: I have never resorted to pushing Justin off the bed or punching him in the nose, if it gets bad enough I sleep on the couch. I am really not a mean abusive person I swear).

Elliette loves:
Giving kisses to everyone and everything,
Animals-and is always very soft,
Being a goof and cheesing it,

fruit,

Playing the piano,

Laughing,
shopping-even if it is in Grandma's pantry,
reading,
getting her lips done


Camryn loves:
being held and getting attention,
smiling and giggling,


staring into the distance and people watching,

pulling faces and spitting,
sleeping and her binky,

watching and playing with Elliette,

7 comments:

Kale and Rowdy said...

Your girls are SO adorable! And don't worry--we all have those days. It wouldn't be normal without them. :)

Annette said...

That's how we know you are sane - you are like the rest of us.

Britany said...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I'm sure Justin isn't making it any easier since he could fall asleep standing up and still snore so loud he wakes up the neighborhood. So, for the record, I think you should push him off the bed. Just sayin. I mean, since he's a boy and he's tired he would, a) fall asleep on the floor immediately, or b) sleep on the couch. I see nothing wrong with those options. In all seriousness though, I hope things start getting better soon. I wish I was there to help.

Ryan... said...

I love Elliette's picture with the banana! She is so funny!!

Blaire said...

Hang in there! It happens to everyone and you are such a good mom. Then when these girls have their own crabby babies, you can tell them how they were :)

Chris and Chelsea said...

ha that one picture with elliette on the piano makes it look likes she is singing while playing ha ha she's so funny

Wendy said...

I can so relate to lack of sleep. Having to be to work at 5:30 am is not easy when you have to small children. I have to force carson to play in his room so i can take a nap. He then will put himself to sleep when he is ready. It does get easier. i promise!