Monday, February 8, 2010

forgotten

Annette mentioned that the poopy issues always happen to her at church which reminded me of another story that I had wanted to write about in the last post involving Camryn. This was a few weeks ago and Justin and Elliette were sick so just Camryn and I went to church. We made it through sacrament meeting just fine and maybe 15 minutes into sunday school Cami decided to completely fill her pants. I held her up and quickly checked, I was so happy that I didn't see anything on her clothes and mentioned that to my friend that I was sitting by. Just at that moment Lisa looked down and saw that there was a yellow spot that was slowly growing all along her back and sides. I ran out and thankfully had a diaper with me since I rushed out of the house without checking the bag that morning. Her dress was to covered to just clean off and put back on and because I apparently am never fully prepared (and because they normally don't blow out that often) I did not have an extra set of clothes. I did get some sympathetic smiles and giggles as we went through the rest of church with her just in a bib and diaper and wrapped in a blanket. Thankfully, my dress made it through unscathed cause I never have a change of clothes for myself either. I do have to say that her little rolly polly-ness was pretty cute in just her little bib.

6 comments:

Britany said...

I just adore her. She is so cute!!!

Josh said...

Hey thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, and don't worry I stalk blogs to - I think we all do. I'm glad to see you're doing well!

Blaire said...

What are you feeding that kid? I'll make her an outfit out of vinyl so when she poos all over it, you can just wipe it off :)

Annette said...

I love it. You are so good. I would have just gone home.

Tara said...

Isn't it fun being a mom!!! I have given into the fact that everything I said I wouldn't do as a parent I have now done! I swore I'd never take kids to the store without shoes, their hair would be fixed and we would always behave, etc., etc. ----
it all changes once you have your own kids. Most days are awesome (an experience I wouldn't ever change), but there are also those days you just want to run away.....just for a minute or two! It's not easy, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything!

Sarah said...

Blow outs are common at our house so we always have to carry 2 extra outfits. I too am impressed that you stayed, I probably would have gone home as well (but our church is only 3 blocks away).