Thursday, May 28, 2009

News and Elliette milestones

So today I went in for my Dr's appointment and when she was checking the babies heart rate it wasn't coming as fast as she would like so she decided to do an ultrasound to double check the rate. Everything was fine with the babies heart so that was nice and since I am farther along this time and the baby was being cooperative I had her tell me the gender - GIRL! - Yup we are having another girl; hopefully they will just be good friends and not be super competitive against each other. We are very excited and now can start trying to figure out a name.
This past week Ellie has not been feeling well and has been very sad with a bit of an earache (she loves her Tylenol though so that helps) and her gums have hurt; today a tooth has finally broke through. It is one of her upper front teeth and she won't let us feel it so I am sure the gums are still sore but it is there, 9.5 mo old and we finally have a tooth, hooray! I will have pictures soon when it comes in far enough to fully see it.
Well Elliette is growing and learning more and more each day and just continues to make me laugh and amaze me with what she can do. We found out the other day that she can climb up the stairs - isn't she a little young for that?, she is standing on her own and sits down very controlled when she realizes that she isn't holding onto anything but a toy, she loves playing with my purse and getting out the pack of gum so I have to keep reminding her that gum is for bigger kids and take it away and then she gets annoyed with me, she loves to look outside at the scenery, she loves books and being read to, she LOVES looking at pictures and will giggle as she sees them like she remembers it happening, she loves talking/listening to people on the phone or on skype for a few minutes and then has to move on to the next thing - she NEVER stops moving, she thinks she is to big for naps and should only go to bed when mom and dad do, she loves listening to the music on her walker when she eats (we slide the toys off to the side and use it as her chair) and as soon as one song ends she throws her food down so she can hit the button again, she LOVES food especially if it is the same thing that I am eating, she loves to giggle a very high pitched giggle, she loves to talk, she loves to be clapped at, she LOVES looking in the mirror, she loves to pick out her clothes, she loves to get tickled if she is in the mood, she loves testing her parents and trying to get her way, she has started grunting and flexing when she throws a half fit or will find the old milk/juice cartons before I get them into the recycling bin and hold them over her head with both arms and grunt really loud (we laugh hard at these ones), oh and she loves to be anywhere and everywhere her mom is and try climing all over her, those are just a few of the things that she does lately that I can think of off the top of my head.

11 comments:

Tati said...

Congrats on another girl!

Megan said...

Yea, another girl! Poor Justin, totally outnumbered! :) Glad to hear Elliette finally got a tooth, you know, that may be why she has an earache, my mom said we always got ear infections when we were teething. Sounds like Elliette is just growing up too fast!

Robin said...

Congrats! Your dream was true. Two girls in California, wahoo! I'm super excited for you! As for Elliette, welcome to the next step in motherhood. Just wait for the second to come....So fun!

Autum said...

Another girl! That's great! Elliette will have a friend and you don't have to buy all new stuff!

Britany said...

AH!!! Look at my brilliant little niece.Yay! You're having a girl! Congrats! No new clothes! haha. Let's be honest, they will probably argue a lot when they're teenagers cause they will probably have all the same friends. But, take it from me, when they get older they'll be really good friends.

Matt n' Jenni said...

Oh what a fun girl. I just picture her doing all those things and I laugh the whole way through your post. I can't wait to meet her one day. Oh and Jenni(your new baby) too.

Kim said...

I'm so excited for the new baby. She and Elliette will be little buddies. I can't believe how big Ellie's getting. We'll have to see you guys on Skype more often!

Tara said...

Congrats! Two little girls will be so fun! Sounds like your baby is growing up too fast! you're in trouble if she's climbing so well already! So cute!
Tara

Blaire said...

I really miss you guys, especially when you describe all the cool stuff Elliete is doing.

Hooray for girl 2 though, they can take care of each other, or maybe you'll have a set of tennis prodigies like Venus & Serena Williams :)

Annette said...

Congrats! At least you have all the clothes already!

Brittney said...

Yea for another girl! That is so great- I really like having two of the same gender close. They will always have a playmate, and lets face it it is so much easier to just use the same clothes!