Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Oh yeah, you are a mother"

This made me laugh so I thought I would share it. So this past Sunday was Mothers Day and so I got up and got ready to go to church. Justin wasn't feeling well that day so I took Elliette with me and we went to all 3 meetings (I was pretty proud of myself because it is easy to skip out after sacrament if there is any reason at all, I know bad - I'm working on it). After church I came home to a napping hubby so I put Elliette down for her nap and just watched some TV. It came time for dinner so I did the dishes and made dinner and then cleaned that up as well. After dinner we skyped our families so we could tell our moms happy mothers day (we got them our web cam for mothers day so they can see Ellie whenever they want). After talking to them it was time for bed so we got ready and said our prayers. As we were laying there I finally asked Justin if there was anything he forgot to tell me that day so he went through the list of I love you, You're beautiful, etc. I finally had to say "Um, Happy Mothers Day maybe" so he responded with "Oh yeah, you are a mother, Happy Mothers Day". He makes me laugh to hard sometimes. He told me he is used to just thinking about his mom on Mothers Day but he will learn. I thought it was so funny. In his defense he was sick and had a 17 hour day the day before doing military stuff and is studying and working like crazy lately so his mind is shot when it comes to anything other than school stuff. I do feel bad because I am big into holidays and celebrating and he never really was but he really is learning.
Side note. We just took Elliette in for her 9 mo check up and she is weighing in at 18 lbs 2oz and is 27 inches long. They did an Iron test at this apt. and had to prick her finger, when they actually pricked it she looked at me weird and wasn't to pleased but not sad and then they had to squeeze the finger. I looked at her and she had her big frown come on and just started crying until they put the colorful band aide on and then it was happy times again as she looked at the colors and tried to suck the band aide off her finger. She is such a goof. She is also doing to funniest laugh lately and I am trying to get it recorded but as soon as the camera comes out she turns into a little model and just poses and grins and won't do anything else. Cute but kind of annoying when you want to capture the other moments.

8 comments:

Adam VT said...

That is hilarious. Glad I'm not the only one who says things that I regret later.

jessica said...

how sweet of a wife are you?! you let him off the hook THAT easy? sounds like justin hit the jackpot!

g isn't big on holidays either, so i always make a point to tell him that "valentines day is next tuesday & i would love a card". if i flat out TELL HIM that it will hurt my feelings if he doesn't acknowledge the holiday, then he will remember to get me something/say something. otherwise, he would probably forget about it. must be a guy thing.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

What a good wife to just laugh it off. I not gonna lie, I would be a little bugged. But it is pretty funny that he knew it was mothers day and never thought of it for you. Guess it was your first. Happy three day late Mothers day Gleak!

Blaire said...

Nice. I can see this same scenario playing out at my house when we have children.

Autum said...

Now just what is he thinking you do all day long?

Tara said...

Tell him as part of his learning curve he owes you a really great date!

The Oylers said...

Melissa! Hil told me you had found Tawna and how to find your blog. Sorry but I had to, I love finding out how people are doing and looking at their blogs. Anyways...your little girl is cute, I can't believe you are going to have another one so soon, you must have a lot more patience than me, and it looks like you are doing well in Cali. Take care and hope to hear from you.

Britany said...

Oh my. My dumb brother. I'm sorry. lol. Happy mother's day Gleek. You are in fact a mother, and almost twice over! I adore you though.