Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Justin's Birthday

Justin turned 29 the other day, for weeks I had been racking my brain about what to get this guy and thought I had something he might like. Well because I don't have a car and I wasn't quite sure if Justin would like what I was thinking I took him to the store and surprised him there (I know lame but at least he got something) or tried to anyways. Turns out the little recorder for his classes that he used to want he didn't need anymore because they had already given him one, who knew. Our neighbor had also given us a grill when she moved so I thought maybe we could get him a grill accessory kit - you know, the brush, tongs, flipper, etc - well he was thinking that it came with one so pretty much I had nothing (see, good thing I took him with me) so we walked around and picked out a couple of movies. Later that day Justin went over to get the grill and it was really nasty and SUPER heavy so we didn't want it and instead went to Home Depot and picked up a new charcoal grill for his birthday, oh and we did end up getting the accessory kit so at least one of the things that I thought of worked. I know that Justin shouldn't be cooking dinner on his birthday but he is much better at steaks than I am and he wanted to use his grill so he did the grilling and I made the potatoes and texas roadhouse type rolls and cinnamon butter, yum!

3 comments:

jessica said...

happy belated birthday to justin! and guys are just hard to buy for, period. i think you did wonderfully!

Britany said...

haha. That's why I don't buy him things. You guys are adorable. I miss you.

Happy birthday Bro!!

allegra said...

happy bday to him! cinnamon butter? never tried that. sounds delish!