Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Last Couple of Weeks

Well I finally got the big things unpacked and now just need to organize so that the spare room is actually usable. I kept telling myself that we couldn't go to the AQUARIUM again until I was unpacked and so that is where we have spent a few of our days. Elliette really has a good time there watching all the fish and trying to touch them through the glass sometimes even bonking her head cause she is reaching so far to get them. She also really LOVES the little play area that they have for babies. It is a lot of fun to watch her try to play and try to grab the fish through the glass and giggle as she seems something she likes. It is also fun to be the mom of the cutest baby around; she gets lots of attention and people end up watching her instead of the fish quite often just smiling and laughing and telling me how adorable and cute she is.

We had a ward PARTY a few weeks back right before our ward split and since we like to get out of the house and are trying to be more active within the ward we decided to go. The party was at a ranch that a family in the ward owns and is a way sweet place in a beautiful area. They have all sorts of things there, Elliette and I had been there for playgroup back in April, including playground, wagons, tractors, one of those plastic horses kids ride like you see outside of stores, and then they also have real PONY'S & HORSES there as well. Last time we were there Ellie seemed a bit scared of the horses but for some reason this time she loved them. We started out at the pony's, I think she liked how tiny and soft they were. Another little girl a little older than Ellie came over and started crying when her mom told her to pet them, it was funny because Elliette actually giggled at her and then Justin put her down and she held on to the fence till one came over and he helped her pet him. After that we went over to the big horses which she did shy away from at first but warmed up quickly. They had carrots and apples and things for the kids to feed the horses so we picked up a carrot and she held on to the bottom part of it and helped me feed one of the horses (sorry no pics I didn't think she would actually do it since she was scared at first). The horses were staying at the fence and huffing a lot for food and then they would nudge your arm with their noses, Elliette thought that was pretty funny when they did that to her. I was really proud of her and how brave she was around the animals that night, although now when I tell her that horses say "neigh" she shakes her head no at me - they never neighed while we were there.
We also had LANGUAGE DAY at Justin's school which was fun. We just walked around and looked at some of the booths the different languages presented, had ate some good food and then played on the playground where Ellie tried to kick me every time she would come close on the swings, little stinker.
The other day Justin came home from class telling me that THE WORLD was in the bay. If you aren't sure: The World is a cruise ship/yacht type boat that the rooms are sold to people and they travel the world stopping at awesome places and just chilling, they are definitely people who are well off in life to be able to afford that - that should tell you how cool this place is and you should all plan your trips to come visit us. Anyways, I watched a show about The World on the travel channel so we had to go down and see it. I also got some good pics of the seals that are on the rocks in the bay.Lastly, Justin FINALLY got his birthday CAKE the other day (again no pics, sorry). I had to wait until there were other people to help eat it cause it was a chocolate cake. Anyways, it is apparently tasty and really easy to make so I thought I would share real quick. I made a double layer chocolate cake - double layer only so I didn't have to cute the one layer in half to fill it - I covered and filled it in a caramel buttercream - reagular buttercream with about a jar of the caramel ice cream topping whipped into it until the flavor is good - and then chop up a couple of snickers bars and toss them inbetween the layers as well as on the top of the cake. I also drizzled chocolate and some of the left over caramel over the top of the cake just to make it look nicer.

8 comments:

Tati said...

Eliette is so cute! Glad you're doing well!

Adam VT said...

By the way, in answer to your question we will be in Hawaii till December. Then hopefully it is off to Minnesota for us. And we also think that kids make going to aquariums and zoos way more fun than otherwise.

Southern Belle said...

You need to send me all your cake recipes. Some friends and I are going to start a class. I am way excited, but super nervous because I am not that great with baking anything.

Blaire said...

I can't believe what a big girl Elliette is getting to be! You two are doing such a good job with her.

Britany said...

cutest kid ever. So, i'm sorry about the skype thing. I told mom to skype you and she said she didn't have her computer anymore so she would call you. So, then she didn't. Sorry bout that.

Kim said...

Oooo! Carmel buttercream... Sounds so good! Those cupcake hamburgers you told me about are so darling. Elliette is such a doll. I can't believe how cute she is!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

That Elliette is so super cute. And the cake sounds so yummy, you'll have to share.

Autum said...

Still can't believe you don't like chocolate! But to each their own. Elliette is getting so big!