Saturday, June 27, 2009

More of our little Elliette


So I know all of our pictures basically are of our little one, but with a face like hers can you blame me - plus the g-parents really like it?
Anyways, Ellie has a few favorite places in our apartment lately that I will randomly catch her in. One of her places is by the stairs where if she crawls up the bottom 2 stairs there is a little landing area that she sits on and looks out the window, I call it her thinking spot. She will either sit there or go up one more stair and sit there with one leg hanging down just kicking it back and forth staring out the window - it is super cute. The other place I find her is underneath the end tables, I don't know what it is but she loves it under there so we call it her fort. The funny thing is when she first started crawling she went under there and pulled herself up to standing and couldn't figure out how to get out. The top of the tables are a glass top so she was smooshing her face and hands against it and whimpering trying to get out from under the table, I wasn't able to get her out because she wouldn't bend her body so Justin came and bent her over and in the process she bumped her head and hated going under there; now she loves it under there and knows that she has to crawl back out. I have a few pictures of her in her thinking spot and fort.
Ellie LOVES to play with my purse and tries to pull the gum or chapstick or anything she can from it. The other day I caught her crawling around with it stuck over her shoulder so I had to take a pic since it made me laugh, she is already such a girl.
Today we took a family day and went for a walk along the bay stopping at Fishermans Wharf, the Aquarium, and ending with a small picnic on the sand. It was a great day and Ellie even snuck a rock in her mouth while we werent looking during our picnic, the little stink. While we were at Fishermans Wharf there was a guy with a bunch of birds that he puts on peoples arms and stuff for pictures. There was a little green parrot walking around when we first got there and he spotted Ellie looking at it and smiling so he told me to grab my camera, which I happily did, and he took the bird and put it on Ellies arm. He did it kind of sneakily not knowing how she would react but she did VERY well and just looked at the bird but stayed there long enough for me to get a few pictures with our camera (which is old so it doesn't snap pics real quick so she sat there a while). She did jump a little when the bird would squawk but then she would just give it a confused look.
Also, real quick if you want to look, I decided to put all the pics of my cakes and cookies and whatever else I decide to make on a new blog so I have them all together. There is a link on the side bar and you can check it out at treatytreats.blogspot.com if you would like.

5 comments:

Ryan... said...

HaHa! I love her face with the bird! She looks like she a little pissed that he's sitting on her arm!!

Britany said...

omg! She just keeps getting cuter! I miss you guys!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

What a cute girl you got! She has gotten so big.

Emilee said...

Your little girl is so cute. I just realized that I did not give credit were credit was due on my blog. I guess I still have those Krammer moments.. Anyway I admit I stole the idea for the T-shirt from you..(like I said I meant to include that in the post..)Hope you are feeling well. Maybe, the 2 girls will be best friends since they are so close in age..hey, always have someone to play 1 on 1 with right?

Brittney said...

She is seriously so cute! And I love that you are doing fun things I want to go on a picnic to fisherman's warf! So how are you doing?