Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chelsea and Chris


Last weekend we were able to go down to American Fork for my little sisters wedding. We were able to go to the temple with them as she went through which is always a great experience. These past few weeks have been great with that because I have also had 2 cousins go through for their missions and we were able to make it down for those temple trips as well. Anyways, Chelsea was nice enough to let me make her cake and I have been so excited to make it for like a month since she decided on the cake she wanted and it was a non traditional cake, it was a challenge for me to get the colors correct so I did a few small practice runs during that month. It pretty much took me all day Friday to get the thing made but it was fun and I think it turned out great. I also had to try and find a dress that day since I live in Soda and there is no place to shop for clothes up here. We finally made it to the mall at 8 pm, yeah it closes at 9 so I didn't have much time and I am never lucky enough to find the outfit I want in a day let alone an hour but low and behold Urban wear (or trends - whatever one is in the Orem mall, I can't remember) had a skirt and 2 shirts. It was a great day. Sat was the day of her wedding and let me just say that my family should start a wedding business cause with the amount of weddings we have had recently we have become pros at decorating. The service and the reception was nice and Chelsea looked great. All in all it was a great weekend. We also got to stay down till Monday morning cause I thought I had a Dr's appointment that day, turns out it was on the 20th but the person that was supposed to be there was a no show so I got to go in. Also, Elliette turned 2 months old on Sunday I have some really good pics of her where she is smiling but I will post those later, it is getting late.

Here is the detail that was on the 2nd layer of the cake

11 comments:

V a n e s s a said...

wow I just wanted to comment on your amazing cake. It is gorgeous.

Tara said...

WOW - I had no idea you were so talented at decorating cakes! That cake is amazing! Looks like a wonderful day/weekend!
Tara

Rusty and Tara said...

In all the years I've known you I had no idea you were a master baker! Seriously you should start your own wedding cake business. Weddings are so much fun!

RAL said...

You are seriously way talented!!! I love it you did a great job!

Southern Belle said...

That cake is AMAZING!!! You are so talented. I want to have that cake just to show off to my friends that I personally know the person who made it. When are you moving back to the south? I could have you make birthday cakes for me.

Megan said...

That was an awesome wedding cake, I'm so jealous you've been able to make them lately! I'm almost positive that Chelsea and I had the same wedding dress!

Sarah said...

Holy cow! The cake looks amazing! Sorry I couldn't stay to see it and eat it, but it was nice to see you.

Kim said...

You're amazing!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Wow - can I just add to how amazing you are! I love the cake! I can't believe Chelsea is already married. It seems like you just told me about it a few days ago, I didn't think it would happen for a few more months.

Annette said...

I am amazed with your talent. You should make Theo and I a cake. Ours was dumb. It was fun to see you - sorry we had to run off so fast.

Grant and Kate said...

That is one incredible cake. I didn't know you could do that! How did you learn? It is AWESOME. Oh, and your baby is stinking adorable, too. Good work all around. And thanks for the comment on my blog! It was great to hear from you!