Sunday, October 19, 2008

October and Work

Well this month started off fantastically with me being the cause of an accident. Here is what happened: I was hauling a trailer back to the shops that had to big cookers on it that the minor soccer league had used the night before for a party, after I had just gotten the propane tanks filled. I decided to take a slightly longer way back because there are less giant dips and I hate pulling heavy trailers in general let alone over all the dips. On my way back I check my rear view mirror and notice that my trailer looks like it is off to the left a touch so I continue to watch it a bit. I started to freak out as I notice my trailer way off to the left and realized that somehow it has come loose from my truck. The trailer must have been perfectly balanced because it stayed on its two wheels for the rest of this. Next thing I know my trailer has made its way into the turning lane, waits for a car to pass hangs a left into a bank parking lot one wheel running into the curb, takes out the entrance sign, almost hits a guy in his car who thankfully saw it coming and had just thrown the car in drive and peeled out of the way, throws the cookers (which are to big for me to lift) clear off to the side of the parking lot, finally the nose of the trailer goes down but it continues down the parking lot until it ends up under another yellow truck. All this happened while I was trying to hurry and flip around to somehow try and stop my heavy run-away trailer. I know what you are thinking, were there no safety chains? Well there were but they were too short to hook to any vehicle and for some reason that had not been fixed. Needless to say all city trailers are now getting fixed for optimal safety. There actually wasn't much damage to the truck either since the trailer just acted like a ramp and lifted it right up. We definitely got lucky that no one got hurt and that the damage wasn't that bad. Oh and just so you know I wasn't speeding and was actually going 5 under the limit cause I really don't like pulling trailers and understandably I hate it even more. Oh the kicker is that they hooked the trailer back up to my truck, what were they thinking! I absolutely refused to finish driving it and made my boss do it instead.
On a good note though I told them I was leaving in December for California, I am so excited!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa, This was great fun to read! How exciting! I thought Soda Springs was a quiet place where nothing happens! I guess I was wrong! I love the pictures of Elliette! I can't believe it is 2 months already either and can't wait to see her again!