Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My little surgery patient

On March 22nd Elliette had a bilateral nasolacrimal duct probing (probed her tear ducts) to fix her constant goobery and watery eyes. She was really brave and didn't cry nearly as much as the other kids that were there, poor little thing. She was pretty wary of the nurses until one of them gave her stickers to play with and then that nurse was ok. Her left eye is definitely fixed and I am not so sure that her right eye was completely unclogged so we may be talking to the Dr again soon but it is better than it was. We also had to give her eye drops 4 times a day for a week which was a joke trying to hold her down and put drops in her eyes together let alone by myself but I always got a hug and kiss after I was done which could be attributed to the smarties she got each time also but I will take what I can get.

2 comments:

Chris and Chelsea said...

oh poor girl! she doesn't look happy at all but the little robe they have her wear looked super cute on her little body! haha

Mel said...

How sad. Putting eye drops in kids eyes is aweful. At least you got a hug and kiss, all I got after was a glare that said "you are so mean!