Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

We have been a little busy having fun, enjoying the weather and the holidays, and making cakes so there are quite a few posts, sorry. Enjoy...
We had a great Easter this year. Elliette was invited to attend an egg dying party which was fun and we also dyed eggs here, she was also invited to attend a flashlight easter egg hunt held by a family in our ward who did an amazing job and all the kids came out with their baskets FULL including Ellie who is an egg hunting pro, they also had a blow up Easter bunny to take the kids pics by but Ellie thought it was pretty scary and ended the night with a great lesson of the resurrection of Christ. When we got home Justin and I put her candy into a baggy, I looked over once to see her grabbing as much as her little fist could hold and shoving it into her mouth just as happy as could be. I sewed their Easter baskets the night before barely getting them done in time but very pleased with the results considering they are fully machine sewed, no hand stitching at all and my fingers are full of pin pricks. They got super cute clothes from their grandparents including their Easter dresses and headbands they look so adorable in. We also enjoyed the little amount of conference that we were able to actually hear.

8 comments:

Tara said...

Your girls are getting soooo big! They are so cute! And those are absolutely darling Easter baskets!!! What pattern did you use? I need to copy you!

Britany said...

Look at all those posts! Wow. So sad about Ellie's surgery, but I'm glad her eyes are getting better. Poor thing. They both look SO cute!! I just miss them so much. I just want you to know, that I picked out those dresses. :) I was with mom when she went and she told me to pick something, and they look so super cute on them. Little Cami and little Ellie. I miss you guys!!

Chris and Chelsea said...

oh my heck they are so stinkin cute! And ellie looks adorable carrying her little basket around with all those eggs!! I can't wait til you guys are back in utah so we can see them more often!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Cute baskets! I love them, and well done! Your girls are just so super cute! Looks like your having fun.

If you didn't get the answer to your question (I answered on my blog) our baskets are all packed up so my Mom was so kind as to get these one's for the boys this year. Next year, we will have them for sure.

Blaire said...

how do you make those baskets? they're really cute!

Kim said...

Such cute girls. I love that Ellie is her own little person--picking wild flowers, kicking trash at the Easter egg hunt... she's awesome. And Cami is so big! I can't believe it!

Megan said...

You are so talented! I wish I could sew like that. Sorry to hear about Ellie's surgery, I really hope they got things fixed! Your girls are growing up too fast!

Annette said...

Cute dresses!