Thursday, December 17, 2009

About Time

So I finally pulled out the sewing machine to do a few projects that have been on my mind. I am definitely not a great sewer and find it fun for a few minutes until I mess something up and spend the majority of my time unpicking what I did. Things did not change for this project, I definitely spent a lot of time unpicking but I am very happy with the final results.
First, I have been working on these dang bean bags since August (they were technically for Elliette's birthday) but I finally got them filled enough and had the motivation to finally finish. I got the idea from the craftblog website but decided to hand stitch the letters on instead of painting them and I like them much better.Second, I want to have somewhat matching stockings so I decided to make them myself. I know there are only 3 done but that is because I couldn't find another style of fabric I really liked so I will do another one next year. Eventually I want to have our names embroidered across the top as well.
Well, we leave for Kansas tomorrow so hope everyone has a merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Robin said...

Cute! Well done! How did the machine work for you? I love those bean bags. And the stocking turned out cute as well.

Ryan... said...

I really like the bean bags, they turned out really cute!! Poor Camryn won't get a stocking her first christmas :) They all look really cute!! Good job. Now you can start on mine :)

Ashley said...

I'm doing the exact same bean bag idea this week! Great minds...

allegra said...

ah, sewing. i haven't sewed anything in over a year and i'm missing it! the projects look great!

Annette said...

You are too good. I should have made new ones, but I bought them instead.

Brittney said...

So cute, I love them! And I saw those bean bags too, I love your idea of stitching them instead of the paint. You have inspired me!

Wendy said...

Hello Gleak! I am so glad that you found me. Your family is so cute.Since when did you turn into such the homemaker. Love the sewing projects and your tasty treats. i still have the same phone number if you every want to talk.

Mel said...

Why Hello! It's Wank. Wendy sent me your way. I've been wondering what you've been up too. I can't believe you have two kids, my how time flies. And I love the Tasty treats, you always were really good at making treats. It's good to catch up with you.