Monday, April 6, 2009

More weddings

Well Justin's sister Brit just got married a few weeks ago in the Bountiful temple and it was beautiful. It was a lot of fun to have his family out here again since we are not able to see them as often as we would like. Anyways, like I said the wedding was beautiful and so was the reception and Dan is a great guy that we are all very excited about having in the family. We also got to meet Derek who is Nan's fiance and is also a great guy, it was so much fun.
Before the wedding Justin and I got to see Brit and Dan when they were out in Utah trying to figure out all the plans before the big day. During this we found out how much she was being charged for invitations and so we decided that we would do them because it would be a lot cheaper that way. Well, I have never created an invitation before so it was all new and I had to find a place that I could get abnormal paper sizes for this type of invitation. It took about 2 weeks longer than I was planning and I have never had so many problems printing things but we were finally able to get them done and they worked out pretty well. After the invitations were out I started working on a design for the cake. All Brit had told me she wanted was all white with calla lilies and she liked the cakes that were different shapes together. It was fun coming up with my own thing but surprisingly harder than just following orders because I was so nervous that she wouldn't like it.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Once again you amaze me! That cake is beautiful!
Tara

Brittney said...

WOW I loved that cake! You are so amazing! And the invitations were so cute and original! Good job! You could totally do your own wedding business!

Britany said...

But, I LOVED IT!!!! I loved the invitations and the cake. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!