Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pink Purse Cake

So here are a few pics of my latest cake I was able to make. I was talking to a lady in my ward one Sunday and she was telling me that her daughter wanted a pink cake and she didn't know what to do with that and since I was doodling cakes I came up with a pink purse so she let me make it. I looked online for the basic shape and saw the idea for the shoe and thought it was pretty cute so I made one of those out of fondant to go with the pink purse cake. There are definitely flaws so don't look to closely but I am pretty proud of it being my first time ever making a 3d sculpted type cake.

16 comments:

Southern Belle said...

WOW!!! That is so awesome! I would never know there was flaws. You are so talented.

Tara said...

You are so Talented! That is AWESOME!
Tara

Berke and Cassy said...

How fun!!! You are definitely talented!!!

Tati said...

holy smokes you are so creative! i wish i was like that.

Hiatts said...

ok, I love it! so can I pay you to make my kids birthday cakes??

Kim said...

I am amazed! How do you feel about me linking people over to your blog to see your cakes?

Kale and Rowdy said...

Way to go! I've got to say I'm jealous. It seems like all of your family is great at sports AND craft, decorative things. I'm not good at either. It looks really good.

Schofield's said...

That is amazing! I've never seen one like that, way to go!

Annette said...

I am so impressed. That is so cool. I would have been sad to see it cut.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Wow! You are amazing! You definitly should start a business.

amber said...

That rocks! Sign me up! :)

Ashley said...

Oh. My. That is awesome! I know what I'm doing for Abbey's birthday :) Now if I could just learn to do fondant, I'm horrible at it! Do you think something like that would mail well?

Brittney said...

I am so impressed! That looks so cute! You are way creative, the cake I tried to make Tai turned out really terrible!

Britany said...

you know what!? you could make my cake!!! haha. now, wouldn't that be exciting?

jessica said...

oh my gosh! you are SO talented! i had no idea you did this!? where were you when i got married?? ha! you need to teach me sometime, i love to bake, but i cannot decorate anything to save my life!

allegra said...

oh my gosh?! that is flippin awesome!!! I can't believe you made that it looks so good! You should start a cake decorating business. No joke. I bet she loved it. way to go!!!