Friday, September 12, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

OK, I finally got the pics off of the camera so there will be a lot more pictures of Elliette in this post. Now I know Labor Day weekend was a little while ago but lay off I am really slow at this blogging thing. Anyways, it was a great weekend, we decided to bless Ellie then because I had the time off work and the holiday made it so that Justin's family only had to take one day off of work. We blessed her on Sat. the 30th at my parents house. Justin's parents, sis Jill and son Eli whom we hardly ever see all drove in for the occasion. Chris and Blaire came down from Logan, Grandma and Grandpa Bennett, and all my siblings and parents were there as well. I looked into buying a cute little dress for her but I was in major cheapskate mode and refused to pay $45 for a dress that gets worn once even if it is stinking cute. So instead we used the dress that I was blessed in which was kind of cool - thanks mom. After the blessing we had sandwiches and cookies (I couldn't decide what kind of cookies I wanted to make so I ended up with 5 different kinds and about 8 doz large cookies for 18 people.
Since the Nelson's were in town we spent the rest of the weekend in Salt Lake hanging out with everyone. It was a blast. Saturday we went out to Joes Crab Shack and had a fantastic meal and then just hung out till bed time. Sunday we met up in Salt Lake and went to the Tabernacle Choir thing. The part that I could hear was good but because I had a baby with me they sent me into the cry room and that is pretty much what all the other kids were doing (but not mine, she didn't even wake up) so I couldn't hear much. Jill was in there with Eli as well and since it was loud and cold in the room we decided to walk around the grounds till everyone else got out. It was really pretty and it was fun to watch Eli cheese it in front of the fountains every time he got his pic taken. That night we went to a BBQ at Aunt Jana's house. Ryan and Christy brought their baby, Kate (one week younger than Elliette), over so we were finally able to meet her and get some pictures of both girls together. It was such a fun weekend! I had to put this picture in seperate from the slide show because it is my favorite. It looks like Elliette is freaking out and trying to kick Kate off of her blanket; really she was just hungry and annoyed that I was making her lay and get her picture taken before she ate.

10 comments:

allegra said...

wow. she's SO perfect and SO beautiful. really. she's darling. i like the picture where it looks like she is giving the bear kisses.

i hope mommy life is going ok for you! it's quite the adjustment huh?

Matt n' Jenni said...

What a beautiful baby girl. It doesn't look like she likes her bath though. Keep those pictures coming! Or better yet, bring that baby to Hawaii!!!!!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

So cute! Babies are so much fun!

J Fo said...

Oh. My. Goodness. You painted her nails?! So Stinkin' Cute!!!

jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessica said...

i found your blog!! hope you wont mind if i link you! Elliette is darling, it was so much fun seeing you all!

Britany said...

Wow!!! She's so cute! I can't wait to meet her. Hopefully as she groes up she'll start looking more like you Melissa. haha. j/k. Justin is pretty cute i guess.... I miss you guys!!! You're coming for Thanksgiving right? I can't wait!

Lexi said...

so is so cute...and you look great!

Kim said...

She's so cute. We can't wait to see her next month! Oh, and we can't wait to see you guys, too!

Tiffany said...

Are her nails painted? I am shocked! She is a doll. I want to hear some funny mommy moments :)