Sunday, July 6, 2008

Baby Shower Photos



Here are pictures of the baby shower. Thanks so much to everyone it was so much fun. Our baby girl got lots of really cute clothes and blankets, a place to sleep, swing, and a car seat so I think she is already super spoiled. I believe I was at 32 weeks in the photo that shows my belly. I am at 34 weeks now (I know I am really slow at posting) and I still feel huge so not much has changed there. Justin is home now, his job was going good and it would have done real well if we just had a little more time to try it out but with the pregnancy so close and my job and taking care of the apartments wearing me out daily we decided that it was just not the right time, hopefully soon though. My job still kicks my butt and I am exhausted a lot. Justin comes and watches out for me when he knows we are doing something physical and makes sure that I don't do anything but stand there and supervise. I don't mind cause I typically feel better at the end of the days that he does that but I feel bad making everyone else do things like picking up the brush and pouring and finishing the cement forms for the disc golf course. I sneak a little in here and there but I pay for it later. It also wouldn't be that bad if I could come home to an apartment that had A/C (note to anyone pregnant in the summer - have close access to an a/c unit). That same weekend that we had the baby shower Justin bought us a washer and dryer off craigslist and that has been wonderful already, we are very excited about actually being able to wash her clothes (and ours) when we need to.

10 comments:

J Fo said...

Melissa, you are so cute. I know at this point you feel huge...but you look great! I can't believe that you're 34 weeks. Make sure to get lots of back rubs and foot massages from your hubby while you can!

Mandy said...

Finally, the pics are up! Good job on the slide, your a pro!

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Horray for another post! I check almost every day. You scored big time at your shower. I can't believe you are 34 weeks, you're almost there!

Tiffany said...

The shower looked like alot of fun! Good Luck in the next few weeks they tend to get a little longer then usual :)

Britany said...

omg you're huge! haha. but adorable. i'm really glad that my brother is treating you well. good boy. i've always had my doubts and we all know you could probably do better, so i'm glad to hear he's being awesome. i'm still figuring out if i can come see you.

Unknown said...

Wow--note to self: do not allow anyone else to take pregnancy pictures of me! You look so tiny compared to me! It was a lot of fun, I hope you can make it to mine in Preston next Saturday.

Autum said...

It was fun to see you at the shower! Stop working so hard and relax! Geez!

allegra said...

ooh, the last stretch of pregnancy!! good luck! baby showers are so much fun. just looking at the pictures makes me baby hungry. ha ha.

i totally get where you're coming from with no A/C. we didn't have any in Boston and I thought I was going to die. I can't imagine not having any AND being preggo. Wow, props to you woman! you're awesome.

Rusty and Tara said...

No A/C and pregnant? You are a true pioneer girl! The big day is getting close! Do you have a name picked out yet?

RAL said...

Ahhh Melissa it's Liz. And you are such a cute pregnant lady! ;) I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to hear more about this little girl that will be joining one of my very most favorite families in the world! :)