Friday, October 2, 2009

The Camryn Eliza Story

So the little girl has finally made it and here is what happened: At my last Dr appointment I was 4-5cm already and we were just waiting for Camryn to decide she wanted to come. Anyways, my Dr found out her dad needed surgery so she was going to be leaving town so she called me and offered to start me the next day if I wanted or let me know that she had someone to cover her if I just wanted to wait it out. Well since I was already dilated so far and was told that when I do go into labor not to wait long because it could go really fast I decided to get started so that I would already be in the hospital and be able to get an epidural since it was my fear that I would barely make it and have to deliver naturally; plus it was nice to have something set up for sure with Elliette.
So the next morning we went into the hospital and they set me up on pitocin around 9-ish that morning. I had small contractions but nothing really bad so I was waiting to get my epidural because I have to have a reason to get a needle stuck into my spine. Well nothing really kicked in and I wasn't making any progress so around 1:00 - 1:30 my Dr came in and broke my water. Literally 2 seconds later the contractions actually kicked in and they were horrible so right away I asked for the anesthesiologist. Well I guess right after the nurse called for the epidural someone else needed an emergency C-section so the guy had to go do that instead and he called around to get someone else to come and do my epidural. Well as luck would have it, all other anesthesiologists were stuck in surgery and he wouldn't be able to get back for at least an hour. Yeah, I went from 4-5cm to fully dilated in less than an hour and ended up having her naturally. Poor Justin had to deal with the fact that I wanted to cry, throw-up, pass out, and felt like I had to poop all at the same time (none of which I did, I don't think :) ) He was great at rubbing my back and then not rubbing my back and fanning me and holding me up and opening and shutting windows and anything else that I couldn't decide if I wanted or not. I was having a lot of back labor so I was kneeling up against the bed which helped a little but all of a sudden I told the nurse that I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom so she hurried and checked me and said I was ready to go so they called my Dr and the Dr on call to be ready just in case. Luckily I didn't really feel like I had to push at the moment so I was able to hold off for a few minutes but then I almost threw-up which pushed her down a little and that was the end of holding off. My Dr walked in right at that moment threw on a gown and delivered the baby about 3-4 pushes later.
So in my efforts to avoid my big fear of having a super fast natural birth by starting in the hospital it happened anyways. Thank heavens it was fast I guess. Anyways, the baby is great and weighed in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 20.5 inches long (pictures to come). It was nice to have use of my legs right away and since I only tore just a tiny bit and not enough to even need stitches my recovery is coming along nicely and I feel great and am way less swollen than I was the last time. Well that is the beginning of the Camryn Eliza story.

19 comments:

Blaire said...

CONGRATS!!!! Cute name too, I can't wait to see her and all ya'll too at Christmas :)

Adam VT said...

Wow, Congrats. Sorry no epidural, thats such rotten luck. Love the name. ~Kasey

Tara said...

Congrats!!!! I can't wait to see pictures! Such a beautiful name!
Tara

Emilee said...

Congrats. All naturale..I am so proud of you.

Amber said...

Oh congratulations! What a story! I'm glad you're both doing well.. :)

Keri and Derek said...

Congrats!! Way to be tough! ( :

Tara said...

Yeaaa Camryn. And rotten luck about the epidural. But just think how tough you are!

Megan said...

Yea! Congrats! We can't wait to see pictures of her! You are one brave woman...I think I would have died without the drugs...but glad you made it through! :) By the way, beautiful name, I love the spelling!

Britany said...

Wow. That read like a horror story for a little while. I'm glad you're okay and that my brother treated you well. Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her!

Annette said...

Holy cow! I'm impressed with you. Way to go. I'm glad everything went well, and quickly! We're looking forward to the pictures.

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Congrats! You really are a toughy. I love the name! I can't wait to see her.

Jamie said...

Congratulations on the all natural...not fun but it's over quick! Mine were kind of the same way. I can't wait to see pictures!

Kathryn and Danny Lange said...

Congrats! only 3-4 pushes, wow!

Kim said...

AHHHHHH! I'm so glad she's here! I can't wait to see her on skype!

The Oylers said...

Congrats! We have an Annie Eliza so we love the name. Sounds like quite the adventure. Glad things are going well. Take care.

Tiffany said...

Congrats! I have been on pitocin, had them break my water, and I know what you mean about 2 seconds later needing the epidural! I cant imagine having to wait and then not even getting one!! Glad everything is going well. I cant wait to see the pics!

Brittney said...

CONGRATS!!!!! So excited for you and such a pretty name too! I am so impressed with the all natural route! You are a baby making machine! Hope all is going well for you and your little family and that you are adjusting ok to two!

Ashley said...

You just had my worst nightmare. Natural. On PITOCIN! Seriously, you are amazing. I'm sorry it didn't go as planned but sounds like you were a champ through it all. Congrats!!

Amy's Blog said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful and I can't believe how Ellie how grown. We sure miss you.
amy